Apostle Paul Clarifies “All Things To All Men” Did Not Require Youth Pastor To Stream Fortnite From Pulpit
“I became as one under the law, one outside the law, and weak to the weak,” apostle explains. “I did not become ‘PastorPwns67’ to win middle-school boys.”
TULSA, OK — The Apostle Paul reportedly appeared in a youth pastor’s dream Thursday night to clarify that his teaching about becoming “all things to all people” was not permission to livestream Fortnite from the pulpit while wearing a neon headset and shouting, “What’s up, Kingdom squad?”
“I became as one under the law, as one outside the law, and as weak to the weak,” Paul told youth pastor Connor Briggs, 27, according to witnesses. “I surrendered my rights for the sake of the gospel. I did not make a Twitch account called PastorPwns67, solicit subscribers, and name a sermon series Armor of God: Loadout Edition.”
In 1 Corinthians 9, Paul’s “all things to all people” language appears in the context of voluntarily laying aside legitimate rights and adapting himself lawfully to remove obstacles to the gospel—not turning ministry into a personal content brand.
Briggs defended the program, saying his weekly stream, “Victory Royale With Cheese: A Gospel Encounter,” had reached “dozens of seventh-grade boys and one suspiciously supportive deacon.”
“Paul would have used Discord if it existed,” Briggs said, adjusting his LED cross backdrop. “The man preached in marketplaces. I preach in Tilted Towers. Same missional heart, different loadout.”
Fortnite Battle Royale drops up to 100 players into a competition to loot, build, fight, and survive as the last player standing. Twitch, meanwhile, allows streamers to build audiences through live chat, subscriptions, and custom emotes.
Paul reportedly grew visibly tired.
“Brother, I survived shipwrecks, rods, prisons, hunger, and cold,” he said. “You experienced one lag spike and declared yourself ‘persecuted by Satan’s Wi-Fi.’”
Briggs said the criticism ignored the evangelistic potential of his method.
“Last week I told chat that sin is like the storm circle: eventually it closes in,” he said. “Then I shouted, ‘Smash that like button for the Lamb!’ We had three crying-laughing emotes and one first-time visitor.”
Paul clarified that a church may speak naturally and hospitably to gamers without turning every element of the Christian faith into a battle-pass promotion.
“You may meet people where they are,” the apostle said. “But you may not tell them the shield of faith is ‘legendary loot.’ The armor of God is not a skin unlock.”
At press time, Briggs had announced a new baptism service called “Battle Pass Into New Life,” prompting Paul to begin drafting First Corinthians 9½: “To the church in Corinth, and also to the youth pastor who has put a donation goal beneath the sermon stream.”
Comments
Post a Comment